Faculty/Student Innovation Grants
Cabrillo Education Foundation (CEF) is awarding 16 $1,000 Faculty/Student Innovation Grants designed to create critical breakthrough thinking. Click Here to download the application.
The purpose of the Faculty/Student Innovation Grants is two fold:
To fund either a new approach to or improvement of a current process/program to increase student success along the continuum of early learning from Kindergarten through College and Career Readiness. Faculty proposals may include curriculum transitions and enhancement, professional development and/or learning communities, programs that target more equitable outcomes for socio-economically disadvantaged students, teacher collaboration on a project or coordination with an outside organization and pilot projects supporting goals that are aligned between CEF and CUSD.
Five grants will be reserved for faculty sponsored Middle and High School students who have a new invention and /or innovative approach to student success, technology, arts & sciences, etc. Where possible these grants will be distributed equitably between Cunha, HMBHS and Pilarcitos High School.
In partnership with CUSD we welcome these new innovative approaches and are prepared to provide sixteen $1000 grants, eleven for Faculty and five for student/faculty sponsored innovations. Funds which are unallocated in 2016 will be accumulated for future years.
The Cabrillo Education Foundation funds the CEF Faculty/Student Innovation Grants Initiative program. Principals and the CUSD Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum will screen applications and receive the approval of the Superintendent prior to submission to CEF.
Several members of the Foundation’s Board of Directors and CUSD Principals will serve as the Review Committee. They set program guidelines, review and score submitted proposals, and make final awarding decisions. The CEF Executive Director facilitates the selection process. Application deadlines are October 1st and April 1st.
What this program is for:
- Bring new, innovative “Out of the Box” thinking.
- Creation of a new program that is “Above & Beyond”.
- Revision/Addition of existing programs or processes to leverage student success.
- Teacher/Staff sponsorship for a student’s innovation.
- Project resourceful or new to CUSD or the HMB community.
- Project goes above and beyond the typical classroom experience.
What this program is not:
- Day to day operation funds of CUSD programs.
- Expansion of existing programs unless it is an innovative addition.
- Classroom speakers unless they are essential to the innovation being created.
- Classroom supplies unless they are essential to the innovation being created.
CEF-Funded Innovation Grants
Click Here to download the application.
For More Information
Executive Director, CEF